Sunday, 21 March 2010

One Sentence

It's like an anonymous confession open to the public.



I laughed at the stories because they're too funny to be true...but deep inside of my heart, I know some of these incidents happened to me too:
Jay
I stole one of my roommates brownies on my way out the door and arrived at the job interview too stoned to talk.

Strawberry Fields
When I was four years old, I ate chap stick that smelled like strawberries even though I knew it was wrong.

Mary
I swore with excitement when my new Bible came in the mail.

Chrissy
When the hygienist handed me a child's toothbrush because she said my mouth was too small for the adult size, I almost asked if I could have Belle instead of Snow White.

Mmmhhm
My brother is an accomplished pilot, has three college degrees and has traveled all over the world, and he still likes to draw little moustaches on me while I sleep.

myfairmaybe
When he told his four-year-old daughter that the doctor just needed to look at her eyes to make sure they were okay, she whispered, "Will he put them back in when he's done looking at them?"

Rae
When I was 3, my cousin convinced me that avocado was really moldy butter and 15 years later, I still can't eat it.

pat
This morning, my dad was doing the laundry and my stepmom was fixing the pipes.


Some of them are really touching, brought tears to my eyes:
First Due
House fire with people trapped, turnout gear on, sirens wailing, the engine lurching through traffic, adrenaline flowing, I glance out the window and pass a little boy with the same look I had on my face when I decided to become a firefighter.

Dad
I can't stop the tears as I shuffle through a box under the our bed and find a tattered letter to Santa, written by my now drug addicted son.

LBriers
My dad's last note to me was "Always hear the music in your life."

LizB
Watching my mother lean over my father's coffin to kiss him and tell him goodbye was the most painful moment of my entire life.

Source: One Sentence

No comments: