Friday, 7 August 2009

La Môme aka La Vie En Rose (2007)


Édith Piaf is one of my mother's most favourite singers of all time. When I learned that a film about Édith Piaf came out in 2007, I didn't hesitate to watch it with my mother. The film, La Môme wasn't that great in my opinion, but Marion Cotillard's acting was magnificent and superb. The film's timeline or the order of the plot is complicated and difficult to understand, but Marion Cotillard's acting kept the film interesting enough to watch. The reviews were pretty negative, but the film critics highly praised Marion's acting skills.

"From the slums of Paris to the limelight of New York, Edith Piaf’s life was a battle to sing and survive, live and love. Raised in poverty, Edith’s magical voice and her passionate romances and friendships with the greatest names of the period - Yves Montand, Jean Cocteau, Charles Aznavour, Marlene Dietrich, Marcel Cerdan and others - made her a star all around the world. But in her audacious attempt to tame her tragic destiny, the Little Sparrow - her nickname - flew so high she could not fail to burn her wings." ~Apple Movie Trailers



"L'Hymne à l'amour" was the first song from her that I listened to when I was a little girl. I remember how my younger brother was so touched that he cried when he first listened to this song:

No comments: