Thursday, 11 June 2009

100+ Portraits of Iconic People of All Time

I won't post all 100 of them.
If you want to see all the portraits, click: Webdesigner Depot

Muhammad Ali

A three-time heavyweight World Champion in boxing.

Louis Armstrong

My mother loves music. She has been collecting CDs and vinyl records since she was twenty. She said that she never really liked the whole Jazz movement, so she gave me the whole CD sets related to Jazz. One of them is Louis Amrstrong's CD and I remember this picture was on the album cover. I could never listen to Jazz when she was present. She always told me to lower the volume or not play it at all.
"Mom, why did you buy the CD's in the first place when you don't even like Jazz?"
"Because your father loves it."

Humphrey Bogart

I love "Casablanca", a film which he starred in.

Charlie Chaplin

His films still make me laugh. So much better than today's distasteful Hollywood "comedy" films.

Kurt Cobain

I received a mix tape of Kurt Cobain's songs from a boy on Valentine's Day. I wonder how he is doing right now. Thanks to him, I've fallen in love with Kurt Cobain's songs.

Salvador Dali

I remember watching an old American game show called "What's my line?" which he starred as a guest. It was hilarious.

He really defined himself with his quote: "Each morning when I awake, I experience again a supreme pleasure - that of being Salvador Dali."

James Dean

It's sad how he passed away at such a young age.

Albert Einstein

Blaah! Love this portrait.

Sigmund Freud

I never knew how he looked like until now. He looks like he can stare into my soul...

Clark Gable

My mother's oldest sister's dream man. She always told my mother how she was going to marry a man like Clark Gable, but she ended up falling in love with a sweet man who's short and chubby. I love my uncle. You can't hug Clark Gable anytime you want (I mean he passed away already), but I can always hug my uncle like a teddy bear.

Greta Garbo

Look at her gorgeous eyebrows... She looks like a mannequin.

Betty Grable

Imagine how all the men drooled over this picture! She even received an insurance for her legs. Yes, they are that important.

Jimi Hendrix

A legend.
I wish I could play the guitar like him but...
Never in a million years, Eunie. Never in a million years.

Audrey Hepburn

She's considered as a fashion icon although she never followed fashion. She had a great style, and I admired her for it.
Style is contrary to fashion. Fashion is always changing, and it's never the same. Style is wearing something that suits you the best.
I hate it when girls wear clothing that makes them look like a tramp because it's in "fashion."
Their future children are going to look at their mothers' pictures and say, "Ewwwww MUM!!! You dressed like THAT?"

Mick Jagger

He was in The Rolling Stones. It's one of my mother's favourite bands.

Stanley Kubrick

I love his films.

Bruce Lee

My father watches films whenever he can. He favours Chinese films the most. When my father came back home, the first thing he did was to watch a film. One day, he was watching a Bruce Lee film late at night while I was trying to sleep. I feel like I can still hear his screams when I try to sleep. Dammit.

Marilyn Monroe

She's beautiful and I love her soft voice.

Edgar Allan Poe

I first found out who he was when I was thirteen. I really loved all his short stories and that was when my mother realised that I was not a "normal" child. Oh come on, he is brilliant.

Mae West

She reminds me of my aunt and her hair. She's such a diva.

Source: Webdesigner Depot

No comments: