Sunday, 25 January 2009

Joji Koyama

My tutor is Joji Koyama. He is a part-time teacher in Camberwell College of Arts, and he only comes in every Tuesday...which is a bit of a hassle for me, because I can only ask for an advice in person once a week.

Last week, Joji gave his websites to me and the other students in his group.

I have watched an animation called "watermelon love" three to four years ago, and I was surprised to find that it was written and directed by Joji. The short animation film was so weird that even my friends in High School recommended me to watch it.



One of his short films, 'First Place' is also available on the new issue of SPECIALTEN. My flatmate has the DVD (SPECIALTEN is an expensive magazine since DVD is included), so I am tempted to ask her for it.

I feel so privileged to have an experienced artist as my personal tutor. I hope I can learn a lot from him before the end of this semester!

My favorite film from Joji so far:
Artist: The Duke Spirit
Song: Cuts Across the Land
Directed by: Joji Koyama



Source:
Joji Koyama, Woof Wan-Bau (Joji's work/pen name)

Check out more films and animations directed by Joji Koyama at: Nexus Productions (Click directors, and then click woof wan-bau)

1 comment:

Juliana said...

hah i leave you a comment!

ive met these! martins favourite band

they say you are linked to everyone in the world in six steps, i increasingly think this is true!